Friday, June 4, 2010

Smooth Jazz

Hey All You Fusion Funkateers!
This is the Fusion Funkmeister to talk to you about "Smooth Jazz"
All this categorization of music is real sickening.
Too many phenomenal musicians are lumped into that category,when in fact,we don't see them for what they really are:artists who have the amazing ability to capture human interaction on the planet in all its glory and beauty,pain,hope and sometimes failure,as well a host of other scenarios.
One of our Masters of American Music,Duke Ellington is quoted as having said,"There are only two kinds of Music,Good and Bad".It sounds to me that only the listener can determine what music falls into which category.
Well I have my own thoughts on what is "Smooth Jazz".I express that with the selections I choose to play on the Tuesday Midday Medley,on 90.1 FM KKFI.Tune in Tuesday and tell me what you think!

No comments: